Friday 5 March 2021

D.M.I.C

 Today we did D.M.I.C for the first two periods. In my was David Mana and me.  Today's problem was, a child ate 100 cookies in five days. Each day they ate 6 more than the day before. How many Cookies did they eat on the first day? Our group kinda struggled with a starting point and a strategy. Then we tried using guess and check, which was actually working. The first number we started was 15 but then we figured out it was to high then 12, but again it was to high. 5 was to low and 10 was just higher than 100. So then we tried 8 and found out that it was correct. 

This is how we worked it out. 

we started with 8 then added 6  4 times so like 8,14,20,26,32. Then we added all those numbers together which equaled 100. So that was how we figured it out. thanks for listening see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something I have done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence or more that lets me know you that you read/watched or listened to what I had to say.
Helpful - please give me some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.