Friday 28 August 2020

What I have learnt This week in class

Kaitiakitanga

Kaitiaki is a leader. Or could be guardians of land, sea or nature. It not just a person it also can be a group that is recognised as a guardian by the tangata whenua and is responsible for looking after something. kaitiakitanga is part of a social, cultural,economic and spiritual system.


DARE

In class we have been learning about drugs. DARE stands for Drug Abuse Resistance Education. An police officer by the name of 'Big Lou' came in class and talk to us about drugs and what happens when you take them. Drugs can mess you up and you life if you carry on taking the bad ones. Nearly everyone has taken some kind of  drug from caffeine to medicine, protein shakes, and much more.


EPIC-Books for kids


Epic is a really fun, great website for kids to read any book they want. Epic has many categories of books for example Science, sport, pets, mysteries,arts and crafts, comics and adventure books. My favourite books are the sport ones because there so many to pick that look great to read. Some books you can even just listen to it instead of reading the book.


CLASS GOAL

I think the class goal I have achieved is being focused on work and getting all my work completed. I think my5 Ways to Use Epic! in the Classroom | Epic Blog next class goal will be to help others finish their work when I'm done. I also have Respected our teacher and others in class. It has been a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Jahvahn-Great work kaylis it looks like your a very focused kid and you love your work <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something I have done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence or more that lets me know you that you read/watched or listened to what I had to say.
Helpful - please give me some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.