Friday 4 September 2020

One Thing I've Learnt In Te Reo

 This week in Te reo Maori We were learning about numbers and how to count in Te reo. We started counting to ten. As we got the hang of that we moved onto counting In twos all the way to 24.Next Ropu 1( My Group) Went in 5's and 10's. We gained lots of knowledge then at the end of each lesson we had a game of Warewhare which is bingo. We also Learnt some other words for example, I mua Meaning Before, I muri meaning after. Tau meaning number and some others I can't remember. Here is an example of a Question that we would of answered. He aha te tau kei mua i te Rua tekau ma wha?. In English it is saying what number is before 24?

Answer : 23


This is a really great way to use maths in your everyday life. It can be a challenge but it is really fun to do. You can also teach others to count in maori and can each other questiotion or play maths games. Counting in Te reo was definitely fun and pretty challenging.Maori Ordinal Numbers to 31 – Blackboard Jungle

1 comment:

  1. Isaac this is good writing it was really fun learning to count in Te reo, keep the good stuff up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something I have done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence or more that lets me know you that you read/watched or listened to what I had to say.
Helpful - please give me some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.